Here’s a version of the glute stretches we teach here at the studio that is appropriate for the work place. No need to get down on the ground or draw attention to yourself- you can do this one at your desk!
- Start with your hips at 90 degrees (if you’re chair is lower, the stretch will be more intense) and feet on the floor.
- Lengthen the spine and open the chest.
- Take one foot off the ground and rest it over the other leg
- Have the knobbly part of the ankle on the outside of the thigh, close to the knee
- Keep your upright alignment while you hold the position for 20-30 seconds.
- Add a twist as Jo demonstrates in the video
- Keep breathing normally!